Job Category: Staff
Requisition Number: SRSIU003407
- Posted: June 2, 2023
- Showing 1 location
Roseville, CA 95678, USA
This position is responsible for the SIU operational leadership and SIU related claims and underwriting performance within the Agribusiness (AG) Operations. This includes SIU related training and investigative guidance, mitigating SIU related risk exposures from an underwriting perspective, managing operational expenses and SIU related productivity, service, and results aligned with SIU corporate objectives.
The essential responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducts field investigations to include first and third party interviews, witness statements and scene investigations (over 50% field work).
- Provides effective leadership and technical advice on SIU related investigative issues, communication of industry data and trends, and new SIU related legal issues as necessary.
- Directs, controls, and monitors proactive SIU investigations, communications, strategy and resolution, and documentation quality of claims.
- Strengthens operational performance by assisting with the development of SIU related initiatives, efficient processes and procedures to deliver exceptional SIU related services in response to customer needs and industry trends. Participates in research and evaluative studies as necessary.
- Conducts SIU claim and underwriting file reviews or inspections for quality control and initiates corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensures claims and underwriting professionals demonstrate SIU technical and customer service excellence.
- Reviews and approves investigative requests within designated authority levels delegated by Home Office Investigation management. Establishes internal quality review program to monitor and manage demonstrated performance of investigative staff (internal or external) in accordance with corporate and branch objectives.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, company best practices, corporate values, and communications. Maintains necessary records and prepares monthly statistical and quarterly management reports to Home Office Investigations and AG Claims Leadership.
- Works with claims management and defense counsel as necessary to expedite SIU related claim resolution and manage LAE.
- Assists with ongoing enhancement and communication of SIU Best Claims Practices, SIU related policies and procedures, training materials, and recognition of “Red Flags.”
- Works productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis, including Agency partnerships and SIU vendors.
- Responds positively to direction and feedback regarding performance.
- Consistently maintains professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Learns and maintains the Electronic Data recorder for vehicle downloads.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of training/experience required.
- 7+ Years progressively responsible SIU related work experience required.
- Successful law enforcement career with detective or supervisory assignments helpful. Insurance designations and successful SIU insurance experience desired.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and interpret complex claim information or legal issues, reports, or key metrics that impact SIU related operational performance and results.
- Fully competent with MS Office suite of products and pertinent estimating systems.
- Must have strong knowledge of commercial and farm claim related issues and policy coverage contracts, including DOI claim regulations.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the SIU related claims process and legal issues, understanding of relevant case law or SIU claim related regulations, leadership and technical claims issues, procedures, processes, best practices and strategies.
The expected salary range for this position is $101,149.97 – $112,388.85. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience, geographic location, and other job-related factors as permitted by law. Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Zenith Insurance Company.